Blue Springs, MO (September 16, 2023) – An explosion was reported in the Blue Springs area on Friday that left several people injured. The explosion occurred just before 2:00 p.m. on September 15.
According to reports from law enforcement, an explosion occurred inside a home located in the 1500 block of East Pink Hill Road. The incident caused severe damage to the home, rendering it inhabitable.
Three people were injured in the explosion. One victim was in critical condition with life-threatening injuries. Two additional victims suffered injuries that were possibly critical. All three victims were rushed to area hospitals.
The Blue Springs Police Department is actively investigating the explosion.
We hope the three people injured in this explosion recover quickly.
Explosions in Missouri
Explosions take place far too often in the United States. Here in Missouri, they are the cause of countless injuries every year. House explosions, in particular, are devastating. These incidents can take place for a variety of reasons. Common causes include:
- Improper Storage: Storing flammable or combustible materials inappropriately can increase the risk of explosions taking place inside homes and buildings across the state.
- Faulty Wiring: Electrical problems and faulty wiring can lead to electrical sparks, which, when combined with flammable materials, can cause significant explosions that lead to injuries and fatalities.
- Structural Weakness: Weak foundations, poorly constructed buildings, or structural damage may contribute to explosions taking place here in the United States.
- Gas Leaks: Gas leaks, which are often due to faulty appliances, aging pipelines, or improper installation, can accumulate and lead to explosions that result in severe damage and injuries.
After being hurt in an explosion, victims are able to take legal action against the responsible party. A thorough investigation is needed to determine who is responsible for the resulting damages and injuries. Once you are able to identify the at-fault party, you can request compensation for various damages. These include:
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- Medical expenses for both immediate and long-term care needs.
- Property damage to get the money you need to repair or rebuild your home.
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a house explosion, it is essential to seek legal help from a national building explosion lawyer with experience handling complex explosion accident cases. They can investigate the incident, determine liability, and fight for your rights to secure fair compensation.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to an explosion, trust Burg Simpson to provide the legal services you need. Our nationwide explosion attorneys have recovered over $2 billion in damages for our clients and are available to begin working on your case as soon as possible. Our team will do everything we can to help you maximize your recovery. Reach out to our national explosion law firm today at (888) 895-2080 and schedule your free consultation to get started on your case as soon as possible.