Malvern, IA (October 28, 2023) – An explosion reported on Thursday at the East Mills Junior and Senior High School in Malvern, Iowa, sent two students to area hospitals with injuries.
According to official reports, the students were in their science classroom at the school performing an experiment. For unknown reasons, something went wrong, and an explosion ensued. The explosion sent chemicals and shards of glass flying across the classroom.
Two students sustained injuries as a result of the incident. The students were transported to area hospitals for emergency care.
At this time, the incident is being investigated.
We hope the injured students recover quickly.
Explosions in Iowa
Explosions have been far too often in the United States. Every year, thousands of in most cases, the explosions that take place are preventable. Negligent handling of hazardous materials, improper storage, and other acts of negligence continue to contribute to the high rate of explosions that we see.
Explosions can result in serious injuries for those involved. Some of the most common include:
- Burns: Chemical explosions can cause burns of varying severity, from first-degree burns to third-degree burns.
- Respiratory injuries: Chemical explosions can release toxic fumes and gases that can irritate the lungs and cause respiratory problems.
- Eye injuries: Chemical explosions can also cause eye injuries. Splashing chemicals can irritate the eyes and cause redness, pain, and swelling. In severe cases, chemical exposure can cause permanent blindness.
- Musculoskeletal injuries: Chemical explosions can cause fractures, sprains, and strains from flying debris or the force of the blast wave.
- Head injuries: Chemical explosions can cause concussions, skull fractures, and other head injuries.
Unfortunately, it can be incredibly hard to deal with these and other painful injuries caused by explosions. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer injuries as a result of an explosion, you should seek help from a dedicated explosion lawyer as soon as possible. You may have legal options available to help you protect your rights and move forward.
At Burg Simpson, our national explosion lawyers are fully committed to helping individuals who have suffered an explosion injury receive the justice and compensation they deserve. I dedicated legal team is fully committed to fighting for your rights, and we will work tirelessly to investigate the cause of the explosion, identify responsible parties, and ensure you are properly compensated for your pain and suffering. From representing you in court to negotiating a settlement with insurance companies, we will be by your side every step of the way. To get started on your case, contact our national explosion lawyers today at (888) 895-2080 and let our team help you on your journey toward seeking justice for your personal injury claim.